Thursday, March 6, 2014

Kefir Ranch Dip/Dressing


 I love kefir. Straight-up in a glass, over granola, with chocolate, in smoothies, and even rubbed on my hands when they're really dry :)

But, not everyone around here feels my affections for this nutritious treat, regardless of all the brain-washing that I try to do!

Not only is this a tasty, frugal, healthy dip/dressing, it's a great way to smuggle kefir in your less-than-enthusiastic consumers! (i.e. kids)

I have another recipe that is thinner than this one. We like this one for dipping, especially after a day or so in the fridge.
Kefir Ranch Dip/Dressing
1 cup kefir
1 cup mayo
1 small onion finely chopped
1 1/2 t lemon juice
3/4 t dried chives
1 t dried dill
2 t dried parsley
1/4 t salt
Blend well and store in refrigerator.
This thickens overnight after being well-chilled.

No comments: